Monday, February 20, 2017

Whimsical Watercolor Birthday Card


For this whimsical card, I used my Marvy Uchida LePlume II markers as watercolors. To do this, lay down color from your marker onto a non-porous surface (plastic sheet or your acrylic stamp block). Then simply use your watercolor brush to lift up the color. 
I used a small sheet of watercolor paper which I first spritzed with a bit of water and  used the pink marker to create the rough shape for a cupcake stand. I added a table with some blue to anchor the stand and then added lots of splatters of color, still using the markers and waterbrush.
Once it was completely dry, I went back in with my black LePen to sketch out the whimsical-style stand. A yummy cupcake sticker was placed on the stand (I trimmed the bottom dots from the circle). 

I added the Happy Birthday sentiment and the stitches along the side to complete this fun and pretty card. Can't wait to send it out to someone special!

For this project I used:
Stickers By the Dozen - Birthday | Sticker Stitches - Black | Marvy Uchida LePlume II Markers | Watercolor Brush | LePen Black


No comments:

Post a Comment