Sunday, August 17, 2014

Beach Layout

This weekend I was inspired by the current sketch on the Creative Scrappers blog.  They always have wonderful sketches and contributions from their design team and others, but I don't always get a chance to play along. When I needed a sketch this weekend to jump start my scrap time, I got on their blog to see the current sketch.  I liked all the layers in this sketch, so I incorporated that element in my layout especially.  I used a 4x6 photo instead of the square and turned things around a bit.  I reached for my stack of Heidi Swapp papers and embellishments (from her "Dreamy" line) - the water color feel and cool beach-y colors are perfect for the layout. I added some black borders which help ground and highlight some of the layers.  The embellishment pack included these great doodle stars, which I think look a little like starfish.



No comments:

Post a Comment